Eye of the Skython

A few years ago, Rob was invited to officiate a PhD viva in Tromso, Norway. Intrigued, I wangled my way along. I'd never been that far north before - and it was boggling.

I particularly loved the old museum on the harbour, with photos and artefacts relating to the mad explorers who sailed from Tromso to Spitsbergen. I have a sneaking feeling that Philip Pullman, author of the Dark Materials trilogy, visited the same place. Polar bears, northern lights, hot air balloons ... sound familiar?

Anyway, not to be outdone, I came up with my own adventure - Ice Trekker. Monsters, myths and mayhem. 

The first strange creature the young hero Mitch encounters is a skython.


What a good name for a cocktail! To celebrate the launch, I came up with this: The Eye of the Skython, in all its purple glory.


Ingredients:
Teaspoon of crème de mûres (or cassis)
Teaspoon of blue curação
Prosecco
Sliver of black grape (for effect!)

Mix the two liqueurs until you have a concentrated purple. Top up with Prosecco and float the grape. Off you go.

Hope you enjoy it.
By Pamela Kelt

Comments